South Tabor Resource Sharing
The South Tabor resource sharing project is your opportunity to connect and share resources with your neighbors. Do you need to find someone to take all those extra apples or zucchini off your hands? Maybe you need to borrow some lawn tools for the day. It’s all about sharing what you have with others and building a more self-reliant community.
There are several ways to get involved. A good first start is to register an account on Collaborate PDX. Then, request to join the South Tabor Resource Sharing group. This is a private group for those living in the South Tabor neighborhood. Here you can make requests for items you need or are giving away.
Ideas for sharing so far:
- Extra food from your vegetable garden
- Fruit from your trees
- Spare tools from your garage
- Urban homesteading knowledge
- Unused household appliances
- Knowledge about a trade/profession you are involved in
- Wireless internet with a close neighbor
- A seldom used pickup truck
- Extra space in your trash or yard waste bin
- Extra storage space in your home
- Your time
If you would like to contribute to the project and join the committee, then join us at our monthly meeting held on the first Wednesday or Thursday of each month in the evening. The time and location of each meeting will be posted by the proceeding Thursday on the South Tabor Resource Sharing group page, visible after requesting to join the group.
Once you register on the site, you may create additional groups for sharing resources in other communities that you are involved in.